This year, the parliament of Spain at long last approved a law that allows non-EU investors and real estate buyers to receive a residence permit.
What is Golden Visa?
• The golden visa requires a minimum investment of €500,000. This amount excludes purchase costs such as stamp duty tax, VAT, notary and lawyer fees which usually add 10 to 12% to the purchase price. The amount may be spread out over several properties.
• The visa will be issued to all direct family members, including spouse and dependent children.
• The visa will be issued for one year and can be renewed afterwards for two more years, showing the proof of investment.
• During that period, solicitor has to demonstrate that he had visited Spain at least once every 12 months.
• The handling of the application takes no more than twenty business days.
• Proof of investment must to be supplied via a certificate attesting ownership emitted by the Real Estate Registry.
Advantages of the Spanish Golden Visa
• This type of visa allows for unlimited travel in the Schengen area (Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Island, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden and Switzerland).
• A Spanish residency permit grants you the right to live in Spain and travel freely throughout the EU. However, it does not grant citizenship. This may be applied for at a later date. Spanish citizenship allows you to live and work anywhere in the European Union and the EFTA countries (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).
• The family of the investor can live in Spain permanently. Children may be enrolled at either state or private schools and have access to pursue studies at both Spanish and European universities.
How Costas & Casas Can Help You Obtain Your Golden Visa
• We will find you the perfect investment opportunity that clears the path to a residence permit. We carry a wide selection of prime properties in Marbella and along the entire Costa del Sol.
• Our professional staff and dedicated lawyers will dispense free legal advice at our offices in downtown Puerto Banús. We will guide you through the entire process – ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience.
• We will answer all possible questions you may entertain both while your are in Marbella and while in your home country.